Your HIPAA Guide is a service of Iron Comet Consulting, Inc. Iron Comet was founded in 1999 and has been going strong ever since. We incorporated in 2004. In 2007 we became a McKesson (later EMDS) certified reseller of Medisoft and Lytec. Iron Comet then migrated into compliance with both HIPAA and PCI-DSS as these became more important under the HITECH act.
HIPAA compliance is an area that many practices struggle with. This is because it can seem so overwhelming. Most office staff memebers already have more than enough to handle with their current workloads and patient care. Handling computer, security and HIPAA issues is usually more than they can handle. This is where we come.
Iron Comet specializes in the following:
- Performing Risk Assessment under HIPAA regulations
- Remediating any issues found to bring a Covered Entities or Business Associate into compliance
- Performing training that is more than the minimum required under HIPAA regulations
- Managed IT and cybersecurity services that protect your practice and your ePHI
- Documentation Management that allows you to keep on top of all of your HIPAA documentation needs
- Backup and Disaster Recovery to keep your practice running if the worst case happens
We take the security of our customers very seriously and have sent our techs to further their expertise. Our company has technicians with the following security certifications: